The color group at the Institute of Printing Science and Technology (Institut für Druckmaschinen und Druchverfahren – IDD) focuses on multidisciplinary research in the field of color science, spectral-based reproduction, color image processing, color modeling, color technology and psychophysics.
Industrial collaborations as well as public-based funding by the German Research Foundation ensure a well balanced ratio between applied and theoretical research.
Currently, we are working on multiple projects that will be sketched below.
We encourage companies and public institutions to contact us concerning color related problems in printing and beyond.
Research Projects of the Color Group
- Perceptually Optimal Reproduction of Color Images considering Device Limits
- Development of a perception-based image difference measure
- Psychophysical Color Discrimination Experiments
- Method for Measuring Anisotropic Light Scatter in Paper
- Printed Interference Effect Colors
- Methods to Measure Optical Density using RGB Cameras
- Textile sublimation transfer printing